Friday, August 13, 2010

Finally Some Time!

Alright, so it's been a pretty busy week. Sunday, we headed to the botanical gardens. The views are stunning and plenty of great photo-ops. Plus, you get to hike a bit, which I love. I chased a few lizards trying to get pictures of them before my little brother could scare them off, almost fell off the edge and onto a cactus, and just about stepped onto a mound of red ants by accident. But I took lots of pictures! As I can only upload 5 photos at a time, I will post them in an album on Facebook. Anyway, following our trip to the botanical gardens we went to Hecho en Mexico for lunch. For dinner, we wandered around, not sure where to go, and ended up at Mivida. Good food and great dessert for Duncan, as they had cheesecake and he absolutely loves cheesecake.

I thought Sunday was a great day, but Monday was even better. At 11am we went to the mercado with Paco CardeƱas for a market tour, then a cooking class. I love to cook, esp. bake stuff for my friends, so this was a lot of fun. We made tortilla soup, tamales, tinga, and a bunch of salsas!

Throughout the 2 weeks, I danced a lot. So it was great to go to a lesson on Tuesday and then go to dance workshops that night! My two favorite dances would be the Cha Cha Cha and the Argentine Tango! To wrap up a great vacation, my brother, mom and I spent Saturday night at the Arthur Murray dance studio. Another dance lesson at 6 and then workshops and a party after. We were most certainly sad to leave the friends we had made there and hope to see them again! But as my mom would say, "For another adventure to begin, we have to end this one." She's also rather fond of saying "Let's get this show on the road," as in us packing..... =/ among many other sayings she has acquired.

I, personally, cannot wait to go back to San Miguel. I miss it there: The laughter that fills the air, the fun music, and of course, the lovely friends we have made. I look forward to returning (hopefully) one day.



No comments:

Post a Comment