Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Delicious Food + Beautiful Surroundings = Perfect Afternoon!






Ahhhhhhhhhh the sun feels great here! After some interesting language classes this morning, we went to the Mega. Mega es mega! Some fruit for a snack and then we were ready to head out to el mercado. El mercado is, how shall I say it, a shopaholic's heaven. The colors are so bright and the smell of food permeates the air! Finally I found some heels for dance class (thank God I don't have to dance in sneakers again!) and unas bufandas para mi y mi mejor amiga!

El mercado is great, but once again we returned to San Augustin Churros y Chocolate for lunch. Para mi, una empanada de elote y queso y sopa de tortilla es perfecto! See, I would post a picture of the empanada but I ate it before I had a chance to get my camera out! Savory and warm and fresh, I couldn't resist! And the tortilla soup was fantastica!

A walk to the jardin is an excellent idea after eating a flavorful lunch! Using "GPL" (Global Positioning Lizard, like GPS) (I, Liz, am the GPL), we navigated our way to the jardin, where there was some sort of festival or the like being set up. Streamers and papel picado were hung up and a few tables were set up. The papel picado read "Vive Mexico," I believe. Anyways, again we used "GPL" and returned to our casa. Shortly, mi hermano y yo will go to dance class, which, by the way, is so much fun! Tonight is meringue y bachata.

Now for the interesting and frustrating part of blogging: Uploading all of the pictures with a slow connection!

No comments:

Post a Comment